Highlights of Cosmetic Procedures available:
COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY Total Rejuvenation Natural Results Minimal DowntimeLook As Young As You Feel
– Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin Cosmetic for wrinkles, sweat disorder and migraine
– Chemical peels LumaBright (modified Melanage) peel, glycolic acid peel 30-70%, TCA 10-35%
– Facial Vein Lasers (also useful for angiomas, keratoses, and lentigines)
– A HydraFacial is a rejuvenating skincare treatment that uses water-based serums to exfoliate and resurface the top layer of skin, instead of the abrasive applicator used in traditional microdermabrasion procedures.
- Belotero (finesse for fine lines, 3-4 months longevity, reversible)
- Restylane (4-9 months longevity, reversible)
- Restylane Lyft (most versatile for lip augmentation, tear trough injection and fine lines, 6 months longevity, reversible)
- Juvederm XC (versatile, 4-9 months longevity, reversible)
- Perlane-L (versatile, 6-12 months longevity, reversible)
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC (versatile, 6-12 months longevity, reversible)
- Radiesse (best value, 9-18 months longevity)
- Restylane Lyft (liquid facelift, instantly gratifying, 12 months longevity, reversible)
- Sculptra (liquid facelift, your own collagen reproduced, 20-24 months longevity)
- Voluma (liquid facelift, instantly gratifying, 18-24 months longevity, reversible)
– GenesisPlus Laser for fungal nail infection, pigmentation and redness reduction, scar revision, pore size reduction and overall rejuvenation
– Coolsculpting or Liposonix combined with Vaser Shape nonsurgical localized fat pad reduction and body contouring
– MiraDry for lasting solution to excessive underarm sweating, body odor, hair reduction
– Kybella, Coolsculpting Cool Mini, and SideLaze Lift for submental fatpad reduction and neck contouring
– Spectra Laser, GenesisPlus, Picosure lasers for pore size reduction, acne, scar revision, pigmentation, tattoo removal
– Ulthera, Thermage, and Infini for skin tightening and face and neck lifting
– VBeam Perfecta Pulse Dye Laser and Cutera Excel V Laser for Facial Veins, Rosacea, Leg veins, angioma, portwine stain, poikiloderma, and bruising treatment
Dr. Ting’s philosophy regarding rejuvenation is based on achieving natural results by softening facial lines with minimal downtime. Consistent with his emphasis in preventive medicine, Dr. Ting believes that strict daily sun protection in addition to a right mix of physician-strength cosmeceuticals form the foundation of aesthetic dermatology. He recommends a combination of minimally invasive cosmetic procedures to help you look your best.
There are 4 fundamental issues that should be addressed to achieve complete facial rejuvenation:
#1 Over-activity of facial muscles is due to constant need for human beings to express themselves, stress of life, as well as familial traits. Involuntary contraction of facial muscles lead to dynamic wrinkles, particularly along upper half of the face as manifested by frown lines on the glabella (the 11’s), forehead, and crows feet around the eyes. These dynamic wrinkles can be minimized by relaxing the affected facial muscles by an expert clinician injector such as Dr. Ting by precisely injecting right amount of Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin Cosmetic to the targeted areas. The Botox effect lasts typically 4-6 months. Make sure you ask your physician whether or not the Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin is freshly mixed within 48 hours of the treatment.
#2 Loss of facial volume is due to prior sun damage, smoking, acne scarring and genetic predispositions. The resultant static wrinkles are seen as valleys and divots, prominently displayed along lower half of the face such as our smile lines along nasolabial folds, tear trough areas beneath the lower eyelids (causing dark circles due to optical shadowing), and marionette lines around the corners of the mouth. These static wrinkles can be softened by replenishing the lost volume with fillers.
- Non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) such as Belotero, Restylane or Juvederm is a versatile filler for nasolabial folds, marionette lines around corners of the mouth, lip augmentation, vertical ridges along lips and tear troughs under the eyelids. These NASHAs typically last 4-9 months. Restylane has been shown to stimulate collagen production over time.
- Perlane and Juvederm Ultra Plus are also NASHAs of slightly thicker caliber and are useful for facial contouring and reverse aging and discolored appearance of photodamaged hands. Cheek augmentation and lifting may be achieved if injected along malar eminence extending to the temple areas if performed in the hands of an experienced dermatologist. These NASHAs may last 6-12 months.
- Restylane Silk is a latest hyaluronic acid filler designed for finesse injection, perfect for lip augmentation, tear trough injection, lasting up to 6 months.
- Radiesse is a good option for individuals in need of cheek augmentation and/or more volume along nasolabial folds. Radiesse is made of calcium-based microspheres that are suspended in a natural gel and serves as a scaffold for further collagen production. Radiesse provides more volume than NASHAs and may last 9-18 months but has slightly greater potential for transient swelling and/or bruising.
- Evolence (no longer available as of 2012) is the latest FDA-approved dermal filler made of highly purified type I porcine collagen. Evolence is a true collagen-based filler cross-linked with sugar, mimicking the 3-dimensional structure of your skin’s own collagen. This allows it to integrate beautifully and support your skin’s own existing collagen network by adding structure, strength, and volume for a natural look and feel that last. Thus, Evolence is more amenable to molding with significantly less risks of swelling and bruising. This is arguably the most optimal filler for the nasolabial fold area before a special event with virtually little to no downtime. Although new to the US, Evolence has been used extensively in Canada, Europe, and Israel for several years with no report of allergic reaction, and thus no skin pre-test is needed. Evolence typically lasts 9-12 months.
- Sculptra is known as a stimulatory filler as poly-L-lactic acid stimulates your own collagen and replenish volume of your entire face in a way that no other fillers can achieve. When performed by an experienced clinician, Sculptra can achieve significant ‘liquid’ face lift.
- Voluma and Restylane Lyft are the latest hyaluronic acid fillers that is 100% reversible lasting 18 and 12 months respectively, both designed for cheek and temple augmentation and instant gratifying ‘liquid’ face lift.
- Dr. Ting is constantly evaluating all of the new fillers available in Europe, Canada and abroad for Safety, Effectiveness, Duration and Side effects. Our pledge is to provide only FDA approved fillers that meet our high personal standards.
- Satisfaction with the final results in Filler procedures are absolutely dependant on the skill of the physician both from a technical as well as Artistic point of view. Filler injections should be performed by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. We pride ourselves on working with you to provide the magic of subtle softness from our procedures without looking “overdone”.Typical feedback from friends, coworkers and family should be “What did you do this week, you look so relaxed.”
Softening of Nasolabial Folds and Marionette Lines with Restylane injection
#3 Textural and pigmentary disparities can be minimized by enhancing sun protection efforts and right combination of cosmeceuticals. However, more often than not, minimally-invasive procedures are needed to gently slough off the aging and discolored skin cells. Fractional CO2 laseris the most efficacious modality to achieve thorough resurfacing of the skin and to stimulate collagen formation. According to WebMD, Fractional CO2 laser is the Number 1 antiaging breakthrough. Fraxel Restore and Pearl lasers have the right idea but the wrong wavelengths and the clinical results are typically suboptimal even after several treatments compared to one treatment of the Fractional CO2 resurfacing laser. For patients looking for laser procedures that involve no downtime or dark complected ethnic individuals, Picosure, GenesisPlus and/or Spectra Laser may be more appropriate as both lasers utilize Nd:Yag spectrum to bring about collagen production, smoothing skin textures and shrinking pore sizes. Other procedures to consider include TCA chemical peel and/or microdermabrasion. Intense pulse light (IPL) fotofacial laser remains very useful to treat facial redness and excessive pigment.
#4 Sagging of the face and neck is something that all of us will have at some point of our lives. However, early intervention involving consistent sun protection and skin tightening achieved by Ulthera and Thermage nonsurgical ultrasound-based skin tightening and face and neck lifting and/or Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing may help to postpone the need for invasive plastic surgery face/neck lift procedures for years. There is an increasingly popular concept of ‘liquid facelift’ that can be achieved via cheek augmentation with Radiesse, Sculptra, Restylane Silk or Voluma. Latest FDA-approved noninvasive modality to achieve neck contouring and submental fat reduction is Kybella.
*Patient education matters to us. The information on this page has been reviewed by the board-certified dermatologists of California Dermatology Care. If you have any questions about our procedures or treatments, please get in touch with us today.