Medical Dermatology Evidence-based medicine Customized solution Personal care
Dr. William Ting has expertise in treating the entire spectrum of medical dermatology, with emphasis in preventive medicine and personalized recommendations. He enjoys taking care of patients with acne, eczema, hair and nail disorders, rashes, psoriasis and skin cancers.
He is at the forefront of medical dermatology and dermatologic research. He continues to publish articles in peer-reviewed dermatology journals. He is an early pioneer of photodynamic therapy (PDT) and one of the most experienced practitioners of PDT in the Bay Area. He is the first dermatologist in the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California to introduce Lutronic Spectra, GenesisPlus, Picosure Lasers for melasma, acne, scar revision, pore size reduction as well as the Cutera GenesisPlus laser for advanced nail fungus laser treatment, keloid and hypertrophic scar, warts and scar revision.
Dr. Ting is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS). He is a member of the National Psoriasis Foundation and International Hyperhidrosis Society.
Innovative Therapeutic Approach to Common Skin Conditions
- Sebacia, Aerolase, Agnes RF Microneedling, Photodynamic Therapy and Blu-U
- Non-birth control pill hormonal therapy for women
- Vitamin-based oral therapy
- Cortisone injection for painful cysts
- Holistic approach incorporated when possible
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing, GenesisPlus and Spectra Lasers for scar revision
Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
- Narrow-band UVB phototherapy
- Comprehensive skin allergy patch test work up
- Non-steroid containing medications available
- Innovative nongreasy barrier cream based on replenishing calcium on the skin
- Excimer laser for most resistant lichenified (thicken) areas.
Hair and Nail disorders
- Maximize therapeutic synergy and efficacy by utilizing both prescription-strength and over-the counter products when available
- Comprehensive workup including bloodwork and biopsy if necessary
- Systemic oral hormonal therapy for women and men when indicated
- Excimer Laser for resistant areas such as scalp, hands, feet, and nails.
- Narrow-band UVB phototherapy for faster clearing of plaques and to minimize the need for systemic medications
- State of the art topical and systemic therapy including Biologics therapy such as Ameviv, Cosentyx, Enbrel, Humira, Otezla, and Stelara.
- Therapy available for simultaneous relief of both psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis
- Multi-prong approach to minimize redness
- Low-dose ‘non-antibiotic’ anti-inflammatory oral medication for long-term remission
- Emphasis on prevention
- Fotofacial/IPL laser utilizing Cynosure XPL/Elite MPX
- Cutera GenesisPlus Laser with or without combination with IPL
- Diode laser for facial veins
- VBeam Pulse Dye Laser, the new gold standard for rosacea and facial redness
- Emphasis on prophylactic treatments with topical 5-FU, imiquimod, diclofenac, ingenol mebutate and oral chemopreventive therapy such as Erivedge, and Soriatane.
- Reduce future risks of skin cancer with photodynamic therapy, TCA chemical peels and/or fractional CO2 resurfacing laser
- Superficial Radiotherapy (SRT) may be the new gold standard as a nonsurgical modality to treat non-melanoma skincancer
- Mohs Surgery to achieve highest cure rate and tissue sparing
- Close colloboration with plastic surgeon(s) as needed
Sweating Disorder (Hyperhidrosis)
- Botulinum toxin injection for underarm, palms, feet, forehead
- miraDry system, FDA-approved noninvasive lasting solution for underarm excess sweating
- Systemic anti-cholinergic agent (glycopyrrolate)
- Cutera GenesisPlus Advanced Laser Wart Therapy
- Non-painful treatment options for kids and adults utilizing DPCP immunotherapy
ABCD of Mole Check
Common Medical Dermatology Diagnostics and Therapeutics:
- Skin allergy patch test
- Incision and drainage
- Intralesional steroid injection for painful cysts and itchy bumps
- Immunotherapy using DPCP for warts, molluscum, alopecia areata
- Intramuscular steroid injection for rashes
- Laser therapy
- Mohs surgery
- Mole removal
- Narrow-band UVB phototherapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- Skin biopsy
- Superficial Radiotherapy
Latest Dermatology Headlines:
Latest Dermatology Headlines
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 16:42:32 +0100
*Patient education matters to us. The information on this page has been reviewed by the board-certified dermatologists of California Dermatology Care. If you have any questions about our procedures or treatments, please get in touch with us today.