Polypodium Leucotomos: The Sunblock You Can Eat!
What is Polypodium Leucotomos? Polypodium Leucotomos (PLE) is a compound that is derived from a tropical Ferm that grows in Central and South America. Native Americans have used this plant for centuries to treat inflammatory disorders and skin diseases. Clinical research has shown that PLE has both anti-oxidant and photo-protective properties. Taken orally, PLE provides a degree of protection against the harmful effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun, and other sources. It is the perfect complement to physical sunblock, and helps to further decrease the impact of sun dagga to the skin.
Studies have shown PLE can not only minimize photo-aging, but also skin cancer formation, making it a recommended daily supplement for everyone, especially for those who already have a history of skin cancer, or are prone to photo-aging. It should also be taken prior to and during sunny vacations. Other studies have also indicated that PLE helps to minimize the exacerbation of vitiligo and melasma.
How Polypodium Leucotomos Works & Benefits of Polypodium Leucotomos
- Measurably decreases the amount of UVA damage within the skin
- Minimizes premature aging
- Works to neutralize damaging free radicals in the skin
- Builds collagen
- Protects the immune system
- Increases the life cycle of skin cells
- Provides protection at the molecular level
- Reverses some of the damage that UV rays have already causes at the DNA level
- Provides protection against sunburn
Talk to us during your next visit to California Dermatology Care to learn more about this important supplement, and make your purchase.