Dr. William Ting has expertise in treating the entire spectrum of medical dermatology, with emphasis in preventive medicine and personalized recommendations. He enjoys taking care of patients with acne, eczema, hair and nail disorders, rashes, psoriasis and skin cancers.
He is at the forefront of medical dermatology and dermatologic research. He continues to publish articles in peer-reviewed dermatology journals. He is an early pioneer of photodynamic therapy (PDT) and one of the most experienced practitioners of PDT in the Bay Area. He is the first dermatologist in the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California to introduce Lutronic Spectra Laser for melasma, acne, scar revision, pore size reduction as well as the Cutera GenesisPlus laser for advanced nail fungus laser treatment, keloid and hypertrophic scar, warts and scar revision.
Dr. Ting is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) and American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS). He is a member of the National Psoriasis Foundation and International Hyperhidrosis Society.
Innovative Therapeutic Approach to Common Skin Conditions
Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
Hair and Nail disorders
- Maximize therapeutic synergy and efficacy by utilizing both prescription-strength and over-the counter products when available
- Comprehensive workup including bloodwork and biopsy if necessary
- Systemic oral hormonal therapy for women and men when indicated
- Multi-prong approach to minimize redness
- Low-dose 'non-antibiotic' anti-inflammatory oral medication for long-term remission
- Emphasis on prevention
- Fotofacial/IPL laser utilizing Cynosure XPL/Elite MPX
- Cutera GenesisPlus Laser with or without combination with IPL
- Diode laser for facial veins
- VBeam Pulse Dye Laser, the new gold standard for rosacea and facial redness
- Emphasis on prophylactic treatments with topical 5-FU, imiquimod, diclofenac, ingenol mebutate and oral chemopreventive therapy such as Soriatane.
- Reduce future risks of skin cancer with photodynamic therapy, TCA chemical peels and/or fractional CO2 resurfacing laser
- Mohs Surgery to achieve highest cure rate and tissue sparing
- Close colloboration with plastic surgeon(s) as needed
Sweating Disorder (Hyperhidrosis)
ABCD of Mole Check
Common Medical Dermatology Diagnostics and Therapeutics:
American Academy of Dermatology
American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
American Society of Mohs Surgery
International Hyperhidrosis Society
National Psoriasis Foundation
Latest Dermatology Headlines: