We feature Restylane, Belotero, JUVÉDERM® injectable gel, Perlane, Radiesse, Evolence and Sculptra. With so many filler options to choose from, you deserve the experience and the personal care by Dr. William Ting, board-certified dermatologist to customize the best solution specific to your personal needs. He often combines multiple fillers to achieve optimal cosmetic results.
Some of the common requested areas for filler augmentation are listed below:
Nasolabial lines (nose-to-lip groove areas)
Marionette/Puppet lines (corners of mouth to chin)
Tear Trough (valleys underneath the eyelids)
Naturual Lip Augmentation
Forehead Frown Lines (combination of fillers and Botox used)
Depressed Scars (acne scar, chickenpox scar)
Dr. Ting's Perspective of Volume Replenishment with Fillers and Description of FDA-Approved Fillers
Loss of facial volume is due to prior sun damage, smoking, acne scarring and genetic predispositions. The resultant static wrinkles are seen as valleys and divots, prominently displayed along lower half of the face such as our smile lines along nasolabial folds, tear trough areas beneath the lower eyelids (causing dark circles due to optical shadowing), and marionette lines around the corners of the mouth. These static wrinkles can be softened by replenishing the lost volume with fillers.
- Non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (NASHA) such as Restylane, Belotero or JUVÉDERM® injectable gel is a versatile filler for nasolabial folds, marionette lines around corners of the mouth, lip augmentation, vertical ridges along lips and tear troughs under the eyelids. These NASHAs typically last 4-9 months. Restylane has been shown to stimulate collagen production over time.
- Perlane and JUVÉDERM® injectable gel Ultra Plus are also NASHAs of slightly thicker caliber and are useful for facial contouring and reverse aging appearance of photodamaged hands. These NASHAs may last 6-12 months.
- JUVÉDERM® VOLUMA recently approved by the FDA is the longest lasting NASHAs consist of much thicker caliber and cross-linking and are useful for cheek augmentation and facial contouring lasting 18-24months on average.
- Radiesse is a good option for individuals in need of cheek augmentation and/or more volume along nasolabial folds. Radiesse is made of calcium-based microspheres that are suspended in a natural gel and serves as a scaffold for further collagen production. Radiesse provides more volume than NASHAs and may last 9-18 months but has slightly greater potential for transient swelling and/or bruising.
- Evolence is a FDA-approved dermal filler made of highly purified type I collagen (however, it is no longer available in US as of 2012). Evolence is a true collagen-based filler cross-linked with sugar, mimicking the 3-dimensional structure of your skin's own collagen. This allows it to integrate beautifully and support your skin's own existing collagen network by adding structure, strength, and volume for a natural look and feel that last. Thus, Evolence is more amenable to molding with significantly less risks of swelling and bruising. This is arguably the most optimal filler for the nasolabial fold area before a special event with virtually little to no downtime. Although new to the US, Evolence has been used extensively in Canada, Europe, and Israel for several years with no report of allergic reaction, and thus no skin pre-test is needed. Evolence typically lasts 9-12 months.
- Sculptra is known as a stimulatory filler as poly-L-lactic acid stimulates your own collagen and replenish volume of your entire face in a way that no other fillers can achieve. When performed by an experienced clinician, Sculptra can achieve significant 'liquid' face lift.
- Dr. Ting is constantly evaluating all of the new fillers available in Europe, Canada and abroad for Safety, Effectiveness, Duration and Side effects. Our pledge is to provide only FDA approved fillers that meet our high personal standards.
- Satisfaction with the final results in Filler procedures are absolutely dependant on the skill of the physician both from a technical as well as artistic point of view. Filler injections should be performed by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. We pride ourselves on working with you to provide the magic of subtle softness from our procedures without looking "overdone".
- Multi-pronged approach to minimize pain and bruising which will be explained in detail upon your consultation. While Dr. Ting cannot guarantee no bruising after filler injections, he will routinely make available courtesy VBeam Perfecta laser treatment to dramatically and rapidly reduce signs of bruising or purpura.
* some of the above photos are adopted from Restylane and Sculptra websites